Monica Elias, MA CCC-SLP is a New York State licensed Speech-Language Pathologist located in Brooklyn. Monica earned her M.A. in Speech-Language Pathology from New York University, and holds a New York State license, and Certificate of Clinical Competency from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association. She is a Teacher of Students with Speech and Language Disabilities. Her undergraduate degree is from Wesleyan University. Monica became interested in speech pathology when her own sons needed speech therapy. She has extensive experience with elementary through high school students exhibiting a wide range of challenges such as language and articulation delays, autism spectrum disorders, fluency issues, selective mutism and processing challenges. After working five years in a progressive public school she left a tenured position for private practice, to focus on intensive therapy and involve families in creative ways.
Her therapy works to improve classroom performance and access to curriculum. Monica also specializes in social communication deficits and how to approach them as a family. She has presented on the subject frequently.
- M.A. in Speech-Language Pathology from New York University
- New York State license in Speech-Language Pathology
- Certificate of Clinical Competency from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)
- Teacher of Students with Speech and Language Disabilities (TSSLD)
- B.A. with honors from Wesleyan University, CT
- Speaking engagements at Social Thinking Providers Conferences: June 2013 San Francisco, October 2013 Philadelphia
- Presentation, “Incorporating Social Thinking into the Family”, November 2013. The Earth School, NYC.
Monica Speech Therapy • monicaplace.com • 917-881-8173